Boydell’s is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Act), the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) as well as other laws and codes.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
When will we collect data your data? This may include but is not limited to when
- You join our Wine Club
- You purchase wine online
- You order wine over the phone
- You request wine be freighted to you
- You book a wine-tasting or restaurant table with us
- You book an event ticket
- You apply for a job
What type of personal data will we will collect? Information may include but is not limited to
- Identification such as name, address, proof of age (over 18years old)
- Communication details such as email, phone
- Credit card details for payment of goods & services
- Use of Data.
The data will be used for the following purposes
- For administration & sales of our products & services
- Where authorised by you
- Where we are required, authorised or permitted by law
- To verify your identity
- To comply with laws & regulations
- To provide you with information about products & services from Boydell’s that are most relevant to you
We do not sell or pass on your details to third parties.
Disclosure of Data
We disclose data to Contractors to assist us deliver your order, process payments & communicate with you. These may include
- Our freight company for purpose of delivering your goods
- Our secure online payment gateway company
Data Management. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data we hold is
- Not misleading
- Data Security
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data we hold is protected from loss, misuse & unauthorised access. In order to prevent any unauthorised access or disclosure of the personal data that we gather we have in place electronic and managerial procedures to secure and guard this information.
Access & Correction of Data
You have the right to access, modify or delete information we hold about you at any time. This is our commitment to take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Should you request your personal information be destroyed and cease to be collected, Boydell’s will comply with this request.
You can access and change your personal information by contacting us here, or if applicable, via the website where you entered your personal information. We encourage you to contact us in order to keep your personal information up to date.
Link to other sites
Opting out of Marketing & Promotions
If you wish to cancel your Boydell’s Wine Club membership we ask you to make a request in writing & post or email to us. You will no longer receive regular wine deliveries once your Membership is cancelled.
If you unsubscribe or request, we no longer forward you any marketing or mailing list communications we will cease communications.
How do I lodge a privacy complaint?
If you are concerned that your personal information has been mishandled, or if you wish to obtain additional information about the way we handle privacy issues, you can contact us at email@example.com or by phone at 0417747454.
You can obtain further information about privacy in Australia and the protection of your personal information on the following website – www.privacy.gov.au